Friday, March 30, 2012

job interview

I got a surprise text two days ago from a job application i submitted more than a year ago. This is from one of the Philippines’ prestigious company. I was interviewed then but had to decline later because I was pregnant, which I did not know yet at the time of the interview. Apparently, they don’t hire pregnant women, which is quite understandable given the workload and the quality of work I was applying for. They told me that after I give birth and if I am still interested I could reapply. After I gave birth, I heard that they were already training someone for the position, so I didn’t bother to reapply anymore. And anyway, I have a newborn to take care of. I have no regrets in the least, because I love taking care of my kids. They’re enjoyable to watch, especially when they learn and do something new.
Fast-forward to the present, I was invited for an interview two days ago. I did not really expect this. So there I went and was quite excited and nervous at the same time. All went well. Like the last time, they gave me forms to fill-up and essays to write. I was interviewed by two separate people, they actually almost had the same questions for me. Now, I’m hoping for the best. I’m waiting for a call for another set of interviews from their Regional Head Design Officer and National Head Design Officer. I hope they’re still the same persons who interviewed me the last time. And now the only thing to do is wait for the call, REHEARSE my lines and answers to a list of possible questions they would ask me. Hopefully, I don’t stutter and be redundant. That’s all I’m wishing for! So good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment