Sunday, March 25, 2012

proFILED: Shamcey Supsup



proFILED:
Miss Universe 2011Pageant, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Preliminary Competition Gown
Photo credit: Missuniverse.com

Beauty and Brains in One: A Beauty Queen and an Architect
SHAMCEY SUPSUP: Crowned Bb. Pilipinas Universe on April 10, 2011 and represented the Philippines in the 60th Miss Universe 2011 beauty pageant in Sao Paulo, Brazil, which she garnered the 3rd place.
Shamcey Gorea Supsup was born on May 16, 1986 in Iligan City, Philippines to proud parents Marcelina Gorea and Timoteo Supsup. The family moved to General Santos City when she was 3 years old.  She graduated as a Salutatorian from Makati High School. She studied Bachelor of Science in Architecture in the University of the Philippines (Diliman Campus) and graduated as Magna Cum Laude. She ranked no.1 Top Notcher in the June 2010 Philippine Architecture Board Exam.
 This 5-foot-8, 105-pound beauty, whose interests include painting, drawing, and reading books also bagged the Bb. Pilipinas 2011 Miss Talent, Miss Cream Silk and Philippine Airlines awards. During the question and answer portion of the pageant, she was asked, "What worthy of cause do you identify yourself with and why?" She answered, "I think the one worthy cause I can identify myself with is education. Because I believe education is something that cannot be taken away from you. You can have money, you can have fame, but in the end, it can be taken from you. But education will always be there to help you."
She is also known for her "tsunami-walk" style of walking. It's like she's gliding over the stage, with her hips undulating like the "tsunami wave", hence the tag tsunami-walk. It gave her more personality and made the dresses she's wearing more beautiful and stunning.
On the question and answer portion of the Miss Universe 2011 pageant, she was asked by american actress Vivica Fox, " Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?" Shamcey answered, "If I would have to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love if God, who created me." She added, "I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he'll love my God, too".
An intelligent and articulate woman, she's the only one among the top five(5) finalists to answer in English without an interpreter.

No comments:

Post a Comment